I said on my post Let’s Talk About Positive Self-Talk that I would share my list with you, and here it is! If you’ve decided to make a list as well feel free to post it in the comments and we can work on this together, or feel free to critique my list/make suggestions if you feel like it could use some improvement.
- I am fat and ugly, and there is nothing I can do to change that.
- I am a disgusting, lazy, useless slob.
- I am stupid.
- I suck at art, and I’ll never sell any of my work.
- I am a mediocre photographer.
- I am a terrible musician/singer.
- My stories are boring and unimaginative.
- I only manage to hurt the people around me.
- I manipulate people to get what I want, I am hypocritical, and fake.
- I have a pretty face, and if I work hard I can fix everything else.
- Sleeping is not lazy, and I will use my time more wisely going forward.
- I have a very curious mind.
- I enjoy doing art.
- I enjoy taking pictures.
- I enjoy making music.
- My stories get a lot of good feedback from everyone I’ve shared with, and I like them.
- I give a lot of good advice.
- It’s ok to ask for help when I need it, and talking about my problems doesn’t make them any less real.